Important information on how to access your vouchers
The government has made funds available through its Covid Winter Grant Scheme to support families this winter, by offering additional help towards household costs in the run up to Christmas.
In County Durham we are making this support available as vouchers which you can choose to spend at ASDA, Morrison’s, Sainsbury’s and Tesco. As an eligible family, you will receive £20 per child per week to help you keep the children in your household fed and warm over the coming weeks. Please note the support provided is for food supplies only in the supermarkets listed – you are not able to access other stores on the Award e-code notification.
- If your child is in receipt of free school meals you will have received a message from us asking if you would like the vouchers e-mailed or to collect from school.
- You will receive an email containing a link by 18th December to let you choose which supermarket(s) you want your vouchers for
- After placing your order it can take up to 3 days to receive your voucher, so please order as soon as possible.
- After placing your order please look for an email from email@example.com which will contain your vouchers, this email can often go into your SPAM folder so keep an eye on that too. Vouchers can be printed or shown on a mobile device.
- For families who wish to collect your vouchers from school – we will contact you as soon as they are available to collect from the school office.
You can choose just one supermarket or you can split your money across more than one, however, you MUST choose enough vouchers to use the full £40 all at once. Once you have checked out, you will not be able to change your choice and any value not redeemed will be lost and cannot be recovered.
If you want vouchers for ASDA or Morrison’s please note that from placing your order it can take up to 3 days to receive your vouchers, so please order as soon as possible.
Finally if you have any children aged under 2 in your household you may be eligible for further support. You can check this by contacting the NHS at HDFT.firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any queries or encounter a problem claiming your vouchers, please contact us as soon as possible.
- Can I select more that one retailer with the voucher amount? Yes; multiple eCodes can be selected, up to the total value awarded. Once all eCodes have been selected you can check out and asked to confirm your delivery details. Please ensure you add eCodes to your basket totalling the full award value as you will only be able to check out once. An order confirmation will be sent, followed by a link to the store eCode within the timescales specified.
- Can the voucher be sent to someone other that the family? Yes; the link to redeem the voucher will be sent to the email address entered on the order. Whoever receives the link to redeem the voucher can then select the supermarket of choice and either a) send the voucher to the same email address or b) send the voucher to another email address.
- Once I have selected my voucher and checked out, can the voucher be changed? No; once the order has been confirmed, it is not possible to cancel the order.
- Do the vouchers need to be printed? All vouchers can either be printed or shown on a mobile device.
- What denominations are the vouchers available in?
- Tesco – open value
- Sainsbury’s – open value
- Asda – values available are £5, £10, £25, £50 (you can double, triple etc these amounts)
- Morrison’s – values available are £10, £25 and £50 (you can double, triple etc these amounts)
- I haven’t received my voucher what should I do? Please check the delivery timescales for the retailer and check your junk mail, the email will come from email@example.com. If the voucher has not arrived within the specified timescales please contact Julie Walker 07766 510933 no later than 18th December.
- Are there exclusions with the vouchers? For the most up to date information, please refer to the Retailer’s Terms and Conditions at the point of voucher redemption.
- Can vouchers be used online or just in store? All vouchers can be used in store; only Asda vouchers can be used online.
- What are the delivery timescales for the vouchers?
- Tesco – voucher will be received by email instantly, Tesco Digital Gift Cards can be redeemed at over 3,000 UK stores and can be either printed or shown on a mobile device.
- Sansbury’s – voucher will be received by email within 3 hours, and can either be printed or shown on a mobile device and can be used in over 1,400 stores.
- Asda – voucher will be received by email usually within 3 hours, the voucher can either be printed or shown on a mobile device and can be used in over 360 stores. as well as online. PLEASE NOTE ASDA MAY BE LONGER (UP TO 3 DAYS) DUE TO STOCK ISSUES
- Morrison’s – Voucher will be received by email within 2 working days (although usually quicker), Morrison’s vouchers can be redeemed at 498 stores and can be either printed or shown on a mobile device. PLEASE NOTE MORRISON’S MAY BE LONGER (UP TO 3 DAYS) DUE TO STOCK ISSUES.