The school offers a wide variety of pastoral support for pupils who are encountering emotional difficulties. These include:
- Members of staff such as the class teacher, Teaching Assistants (TAs), Parental Support Advisor (PSA), and SENCo, are readily available for pupils who wish to discuss issues and concerns.
- After School and Breakfast Clubs are available to promote Social Skills and general well-being for pupils.
- Bully Busters support pupils who find play times a challenge.
- If a pupil has a medical need, then a detailed Care Plan is compiled with support from the school nurse in consultation with parents/carers. These are discussed with all staff who are involved with the pupil.
- Staff receive asthma and epipen training, delivered by the school nurse.
- Where necessary, and in agreement with parents/carers, medicines are administered in school but only where a signed Medicine consent form is in place to ensure the safety of both child and staff member.
- All Teaching Assistants have basic first aid training.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.