T.E.A.M – Together Everyone Achieves More
Willington Primary School believes school should be happy, caring, safe and a stimulating environment that supports and guides all children towards achieving their full intellectual, personal and social potential. The school should be a partnership of pupils, staff, governors, parents and the community.
The school aims to help each child develop as a happy, fulfilled and confident learner by:
- Providing a safe, purposeful and supportive environment
- Providing a broad, balanced and relevant education including the requirements of the National Curriculum and curiculum guidance for the Foundation Stage
- Enabling each child to develop their full academic, social and physical potential
- Fostering a sense of self-esteem and respect for others
- Providing experiences that are stimulating, challenging and enjoyable
- Encouraging active participation in the learning process
- Promoting both independent and co-operative learning skills
- Providing an inclusive education that values the contribution of each child
- Valuing cultural diversity and the richness of the school community
- Challenging racist, sexist and discriminatory attitudes and practice
- Encouraging a sense of wonder, spiritual awareness and responsibility for the world around them
- Developing self-discipline and a sense of social responsibility
- Recognising parents as partners in their child’s education and welcoming the contribution they make to the life of the school
At Willington Primary School, we think it very important that our pupils develop a strong set of values and principles, and that they question and understand what it means to grow up in British society. Through a rich and challenging curriculum, and through a focus on key events in British History we invite pupils to reflect upon their role in a diverse, multicultural and multi faith society.
We take our responsibility to promote community cohesion, generate a respect for difference and individual rights seriously. Our challenging curriculum enables pupils to recognise the valuable role that they play as emerging citizens in British society.
Please contact the school if you require further informtion.