At Willington Primary School we strongly encourage all pupils to wear school uniform. We believe that wearing a school uniform helps promote a strong sense of identity within school and the community which creates pride in the children and their school. It makes them feel part of our school family.
Our school has a duty to make sure that the uniform we require is affordable, in line with statutory guidance from the Department for Education on the cost of school uniform.
We do not require any part of our uniform to have our school logo (optional) and generic items in the school colours can be worn.
Our School Uniform consists of the following:
- Grey or black skirt or pinafore dress. Skirt should be knee length
- Grey or black trousers or shorts
- White or red polo-shirt or shirt
- Red jumper or cardigan
- Sensible shoes/trainers/boots
- Red checked summer dress (optional)
On PE days children should come to school in sports clothing, for example shorts/jogging bottoms, t-shirt/sweatshirt, trainers/plimsolls.
The school will provide a separate PE kit for pupils when participating in sports festivals
All clothes should be clearly labelled with your child’s name.
Jewellery and accessories
- No jewellery allowed except for a watch and only small, plain studs if children have pierced ears. These need to be covered with tape or be able to take them out themselves for PE and swimming.
- Watches – to be analogue or digital. No smart watches.
- Hair accessories are to be kept to a minimum.
- Nail varnish should not be worn in school.
- Children need a coat for school, school bag, wellies and sunhat (when required).
How To Order
Uniforms are available to order by visiting My Clothing or from high street retailers for example, supermarkets.
We do hold a number of items in stock. Please contact the school office with your requirements.
Second hand uniform may be available from the charity shop in Willington Charity Shop 4 U.
There are some organisations throughout the County Durham who can help you with new and preloved school uniforms – Please visit https://www.durham.gov.uk/schooluniform for further information.
We support parents/carers to apply for funding from various charity sources. For further information please contact our Parent Support Advisor
The sale of uniforms is a non-profit making venture.