Welcome to Year 2
- Class Teacher: Mrs Wilcox
- Teaching Assistant: Mrs Patterson
- Teaching Assistant: Mrs Allison
Welcome to Year 2
We will use Class Dojo to send out reminders and add anything we have been up to in class onto our story. Please check daily and feel free to message Mrs Wilcox with any queries and concerns! If you are not on Class Dojo please ask Mrs Wilcox for a login code.
Mrs Allison and Miss Hodgson are our Y2 teaching assistants and Mr Littlefair will teach the children in P.E every Thursday.
Children will bring home reading books which are matched to their phonic level.
Children MUST bring their reading book to school every day. We will read in class and children will be listened to reading their reading book at least once a week. Fluency in reading in Year 2 is a vital skill and reading in class daily, and at home, will make a huge difference to childrens reading ability.
When children have finished reading their reading book, please sign their reading record so we know to change it. We have no set days for changing reading books, they will be changed as and when the children need them changing.
- Homework will be sent out (in paper format) on Fridays and is due in on Wednesdays.
- Reading books will be changed every Thursday. Please ensure reading records are signed.
- Our P.E. day is Thursday. Children should come to school in their PE kit. Please ensure that children have ear piercings covered on PE days and that hair is tied up.
Website Links for Learning
Please click on the links below to access useful websites to help with your child’s learning in year 2.
Long Term Plans
The long term plan provides an overview of each year group’s curriculum by subject. The long term plans may alter slightly as the year progresses as we evaluate and refine our curriculum to ensure it best meets the needs of our children. If you would like more detailed information about a particular subject, please go to the Curriculum section of our website