Willington Primary School works in conjunction with Taylor Shaw our contract caterer who are dedicated to providing the best quality food in education.
Here at Willington Primary School we understand the importance of good nutrition and we are proud to have been awarded a Healthy School Status. We offer a hot meal with a wide range to choose from, including a vegetarian option and special diets if your child has a medical need. Children can also bring a packed lunch from home.
The cost of a school meal is £2.20 per day.
Free School Meals
All children in reception, year 1 and year 2 receive free school meals through the Universal Infant Free School Meal scheme.
If your child would be eligible for free school meals without this scheme, you should still also apply – this will make you eligible to receive funding for example Local Authority help schemes.
Any child may qualify for a free school meal if you receive one of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Apply and allow us to check your eligibility
You can pick up an application form from the school office or print one off from this page. Please return the completed application form to the school .
If you wish your child to have a packed lunch from home please download our Packed Lunch Policy
School Menus and Pre-Order System
Willington Primary School has a pre-order system for school lunches. Information about this and order forms can be found in our menu section.
National Fruit and Vegetable Scheme
The school participates in the National Fruit and Vegetable Scheme whereby children in nursery, reception, year 1 and 2 are entitled to a free piece of fruit each school day as part of the Government’s campaign to encourage children to eat more healthily. A parent information leaflet can be downloaded from the link below.
We work with Cool Milk to deliver milk in school. Milk is the ideal mid-morning drink for your child, and for many it’s absolutely free.
- School milk is free for children under the age of five
- From January 2015 school milk is free for children who are in receipt of free school meals. Please contact the school office to register your child.
- School milk is subsidised for all other children in primary education, and usually costs around £15 per term.
If you would like to register your child for milk please complete a registration form by selecting the following link School Milk or collect a form from our school office.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.