Welcome to our Reception Class
- Teacher: Miss McCartney
- Teaching Assistants: Miss Dinsdale and Mrs Patterson
In our foundation stage classes, nursery and reception, activities are planned to enable the children to acquire the “Characteristics of effective learning,” which are learning skills and attitudes which will serve them well for life.
We help them to engage with and be excited by activities so that they will:
- Find out and explore
- Play with what they know
- Be willing to “have a go”
We help them to be motivated so that they will:
- Be involved and concentrate
- Keep trying
- Enjoy achieving what they set out to do
We help them to think and be creative so that they will
- Have their own ideas
- Make links
- Choose ways to do things
These characteristics of effective learning underpin everything we do.
Activities are planned within the Prime and Specific areas of learning in ways which allow children to develop the characteristics of effective learning. Click on the links below to view further information about the areas of learning.
Prime Areas of Learning:
Specific Areas of Learning:
- Every child must bring a waterproof coat and shoes to school. We use outdoor provision daily so these items are essential.
- PE day is Thursday each week. A PE kit will not be needed. Long hair must be tied back and no jewellery please.
- Label everything!
- Our children love creating so donations of lids, boxes, bottles, tubes etc will be gladly welcomed.
- If your child’s dietary requirements change throughout the year, please let our office staff know.
For more information on EYFS and what your child is learning , there is lots of information available on www.foundationyears.org.uk. Please feel free to talk to your child’s teacher about any concerns or questions you may have about your child and their learning. Our door is always open. Thank you for all your support so far this year!
Reception Class News 2016/2017
This part of our reception class homepage is intended to give you an insight into what your child has been doing in the classroom. Please visit this section regularly to experience their learning journey!
Reception Class Curriculum Overview Autumn 2016
The Class of 2016 – First Days
First PE Lesson
Baking Treat for Reception Class (23.09.16)
Funky Fingers (23.09.16)
Trip to Beamish Museum (07.10.16)
Scales ‘n’ Tails Visit Reception (13.10.16)
Reception Class Pizza Takeaway(11.11.16)
Nursery Rhyme Week (11.11.16)
Gruffalo Crumble (05.12.16)