Willington Primary School works in conjunction with Taylor Shaw our contract caterer who are dedicated to providing the best quality food in education.
Here at Willington Primary School we understand the importance of good nutrition and we are proud to have been awarded a Healthy School Status. We offer a hot meal with a wide range to choose from, including a vegetarian option and special diets if your child has a medical need. Children can also bring a packed lunch from home.
The cost of a school meal is £2.05 (From September 2018) per day.
Free School Meals
From September 2014 if your child or children are in reception class, year 1 or 2 the school meals will be free to them.
Parents and carers who are in receipt of benefit may be entitled to free school meals.
If you receive
- Universal Credit with an earnings threshold that does not exceed £7,400
- Income Support
- Income – based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income, as assessed by HMRC that does not exceed £16,190
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Where a parent is entitled to Working Tax Credit run-on (the payment someone receives for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit).
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
You may be entitled to receive free school meals.
If you wish your child to have a packed lunch from home please download our Packed Lunch Policy
School Menus and Pre-Order System
Willington Primary School has a pre-order system for school lunches. Information about this and order forms can be found in our menu section.
National Fruit and Vegetable Scheme
The school participates in the National Fruit and Vegetable Scheme whereby children in nursery, reception, year 1 and 2 are entitled to a free piece of fruit each school day as part of the Government’s campaign to encourage children to eat more healthily. A parent information leaflet can be downloaded from the link below.
We work with Cool Milk to deliver milk in school. Milk is the ideal mid-morning drink for your child, and for many it’s absolutely free.
- School milk is free for children under the age of five
- From January 2015 school milk is free for children who are in receipt of free school meals. Please contact the school office to register your child.
- School milk is subsidised for all other children in primary education, and usually costs around £15 per term.
If you would like to register your child for milk please complete a registration form by selecting the following link School Milk or collect a form from our school office.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.