To stay healthy children need to do three types of physical activity each week: aerobic, muscle strengthening and bone strengthening activity. To maintain a basic level of health children between 5 and 19 need to do:
– At least 60 minutes of physical activity everyday, which should range between moderate-intesity activity, such as cycling and playground activities and vigorous-intensity activity, such as fast running and tennis.
Many vigorous-intensity activities can help you meet your weekly muscle and bone-strengthening requirements, such as running, skipping, gymnastics, martial arts and football.
Use this section of the website to help you along the way!
- Activities/Groups in the Willington Area
- Activities at Willington Primary School
- Moderate-intensity Activity
- Vigorous-intensity Activity
- Muscle-strengthening Activity
- Bone-strengthening Activity
- Water to Aid Concentration
Change 4 Life
Would you or your family like to be healthier and happier? Would you like loads of ideas, recipes and games to help you do this? Then you already know why you should join Change4Life. For further information please visit the Change for Life Website.